I have enough pictures from NY to drag this out more than one day, but in the interest of moving on, I'm just going to give the highlights.
Day one for us was the David Letterman show. This was definitely one of my favorite things that we did. 1) Because it was inside and WARM! and 2) It was very entertaining!

My absolute favorite part of the trip was going to Mamma Mia. The music was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! Those women can really sing.

Can I pause for just a second to tell you that one of my kids is snoring so loud right now that I can hear it out in the living room!
OK, back to our trip. We walked around time square a couple of times. The most impressive store was Toys R' Us. It had a full size Ferris wheel inside.

We went to see the 9-11 memorial only to be incredibly disappointed. So far, this wall is all they have. It is a name of all the firefighters who died. How is it that 10 years later there is still just a pile of rubble to remember all the people who lost their lives?

Our final big excursion was to the statue of liberty and Ellis island. This is a view of the city from the ferry.

Us on the ferry.

Yes, it was really that cold!

Lady liberty herself

Ellis island was pretty cool for me because my Grandma came through there on her way here from Sweden. They had a bunch of displays in the rooms showing all the different inspections the immigrants had to go through. It seems like it would have been incredibly intimidating, especially for those who didn't speak English.

So, that was our trip. Well, we also wandered around China town and stuff like that.
I had a great time, but I missed the kids a ton and couldn't wait to get back home. Now were trying to get our house ready to sell though and I'm wishing we were on vacation again.
5 comments:
Okay, I can't decide if I'm more jealous of the Rocky statue, Times Square or David Letterman. You really packed a lot into your trip! I looks like you two had a really great time. I'm glad you're back!
I LOVE NY!!!! I am so jealous. What an awesome trip! It's great that you guys were able to do that before the madness of selling a house, finishing med school, and relocating. SO FUN!
Now you can say that you have been to the big apple. You do look super cold, that is one thing I am hating about the winters here so far. Keep us informed on how your house is going....so many exciting adventures in the future. And my kids say they miss Samm and James all the time.
Looks like you had a great time! I love the pic of you and josh on the ferry! CLASSIC.
My absolute favorite pictures is the one of you and Josh with lady liberty in the background. Beautimous. And all I could think about with the Ellis Island picture was the part in the movie Hitch when he takes her to Ellis Island! I giggle.
Post a Comment