Samm found this enormous blackberry in my parents garden.

We took the kids to a splash park for some outdoor fun.


While we were there my Mom gave us girls some jewelry that had belonged to my Grandmother. These earrings were in the bag and I thought they would make great dress up jewelry. Auntie Jenn glammed her up with the sunglasses and hair piece. Samm liked the curly hair so much that she asked if she could wear it on the airplane. It wasn't until we went through security and Samm set off the alarm twice that I realized how much metal was in it.

The highlight and whole reason for the trip was to welcome home my sister Krista from her mission in Argentina. She had no idea that we were all coming, so it was a fun surprise.

And then there was the fun three plane rides with three kids to get home. At least none of those got cancelled. That happened on the way there.

This pretty much sums up how I felt by the end of the day!

Then, waiting for us at home in our garden was this very large cucumber. It needed to get picked probably a week or two earlier to still be good, but since this is my first attempt at growing any food, I was still pretty excited.

The kids are loving the vegetable garden too.

And finally...DOOTDOODLE DOO (that would be me tooting my own horn Keith!) I just finished a little project that I have been working on since before I left town.
What started out as this...

After many many frustrating hours and a few ripped out seams...
Turned into curtains for our dining room!!!

I don't sew very often, mostly because I get so dang frustrated with the machine, so I'm pretty proud of myself for actually making these curtains all by myself. (Thanks Joni for letting me borrow your sewing machine and curtain panel so I could have something to follow)

So there you have it! I had a really great time in Oregon with my family. Traci and Anne it was great to see you guys too. But it is nice to be back home and now I'm running around crazy trying to get Samm ready for school.


8 comments:
Your curtains look fabulous! Great job!! I'm glad you had such a great time on vacation. We all missed you here and are glad you're home. :)
Wow look at you Sally. I am impressed with the curtains and with the garden. I am glad you had a great time. I bet it is nice to be home.
Sally those curtains look great...I need to do the same thing but I hate getting out the sewing machine...
Love the earrings by the way...I think you should keep them and wear them...You would be one hot mama!
Wow that post flowed really nicely. Good job on your curtains by the way...I like.
Cute curtains! Can't believe Krista is home! Looks like you had fun at home... and that is a huge blackberry!
About my dresser: I went to a store where you can buy unfinished furniture and they had paint there. I think I used oil based. Then I put a clear coat on. I think if you're going to refinish furniture you want to buy pretty high quality paint. This paint I bought is used specifically for refinishing. I've never had a problem with it chipping or fading. It's been a couple years since I did it. So there you go!
Sounds like you are getting pretty good at the horn tooting thing.
Love the curtains. I need to see them in person. That blackberry looks too juicy!! Yum!
Love the curtains. I'm soo impressed!
Post a Comment