Friday, February 8, 2008

I have the blahs

So does anyone else ever feel like they are just stuck in a rut? I really don't feel like I have the

baby blues...honest I don't...just the blahs. I'm dying to wear my regular clothes again...ok so

just a pair of pants with a zipper instead of elastic would be great. I'm tired of sitting at home all

day because the thought of going anywhere with three kids is terrifying. I want to fix my hair

and put on makeup...but whats the point if I'm not going anywhere? So I'm doing the only thing I

can right now and I'm dying my hair. Nothing drastic just getting rid of the blonde bangs. I

suddenly thought they looked trashy. Normally when I start feeling like this I go shopping. For

some reason spending money always makes me feel better. However, I thought maybe I should

be more practical this time. So I'm just wondering what you all do when you start feeling a little

bit blah?

9 comments:

Joni Gardine said...

Hey Sally,

Let's go shopping for a pair of cute jeans! I'm telling you, it will make a huge difference if you have something that makes you feel like *old* you. I have some things to return at the mall anyway, and I'd love the company. ;) Name your day and we'll go! :)

Love ya,
Joni

melissa said...

Going out with three kids does seem a bit overwhelming. I guess I'm like most other women out there, when I'm feeling kind of blah I like to go shopping or get a hair cut or even just go to lunch with a girl friend. I hope you feel better!

Spiresfam said...

yeah, seriously...I have been in a rut for ummmm.... let see......how old is Emma? And I totally hear you on the shopping thing, I was just thinking today how shopping seems to help when I am feeling blah! But then I feel more blah when I get home cause I realize I probably shouldn't have spent money on whatever I bought when we are so poor! :)
So did that make you feel better or what!?! :)

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry you feel blah...I say go shopping! I remember my first trip out with all three...I hate the two older ones in the double stroller and the baby in a Bjorn...You can do it! Go shopping! Take some pics of the hair too when you are done..

Kory Jane said...

I always so exercise, Yeah I know you can't do that yet, but you can always take a walk. It really does help you to feel better. And don't worry at least you look good without makeup on. Some people can't get away with it!! Smile;)

Real Life Roberts said...

You need a girls night or a date night with out any children responsibility!!! It's an excuse to get dressed and put on make-up... and hopefully you'll get refreshed! So when do you want to have a girls night or a sitter for a date night!?

Anonymous said...

I know that this sounds like an old lady comment but when I get that way and yes I do at times, I "count my many blessings".  I have a tendency to forget what I have while I am dwelling on what I don't or that my life is a never ending rut.  You are a great mom and going out with three will get easier and easier. 

Jenn said...

Normally I would say go shopping but I want you to wait until I come to do your shopping. But definately get out of the house. When i got/get the blah's I take Ava and go somewhere. And go when Samm is in school so you only have two kids instead of three! And don't worry, you'll feel better in two weeks when I show up!! :)

Jenn said...

P.S. You are TOTALLY kicking butt on the biggest loser competition!! (and don't anyone make a comment about how she weighed in when she was pregnant. I know that. It's still hard to lose the weight!)