I was just cleaning the house yesterday when I started thinking about how my
conversation was going to go with Samm when I picked her up from school.
Samm: Where are we going Mom?
Mom: Were going home.
Samm: What are we going to do at home?
Mom: Nothing honey, just play.
Samm: Aww Man!
For Some reason Samm has this idea that we should do something really exciting
everyday. Unfortunately for her though she has a very unexciting Mom. The
McDonalds play place is about as creative as I get. So....I decided I would plan
something fun for us to do that way when she asked what we were doing that day I
wouldn't get the aww man. Then for some reason I suddenly thought about popcorn
balls. I don't have any specific memory of making them as a kid, but I'm pretty sure
we did a few times, because my mom gave me the recipe for them. The kids had a fun
time making them and they were really easy and very tasty. My recipe is a little vague,
but I thought I would share it anyway in case anyone wanted to try it out.
1/4 C water
1 C corn syrup
1 C sugar
1 small package of Jello
Mix all together and boil for 3 minutes. Pour over popcorn and form into balls. (you'll
want butter on your hands for that.)
The part that it doesn't specify is how much popcorn. We have an air popper so I just
used one big scoop of kernals. I've never made it with microwave popcorn so you'll
probably just have to experiment. I'm guessing it would be at least two bags.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Your mother-in-law has been slack in helping you clean your house. I have been working long hours and I am old. Those are my only excuses - SORRY!
WOW! Look at you in the mode of cookin' up yummy stff in the kitchen! How did the dinner go last night?
Heidi-Dinner turned out great!!! Samm even liked the crab legs. I'm excited to try the stuffed mushroom recipe...hopefully sometime this week. Thanks for your help!
Post a Comment