I had several people make comments today at church about how often we go to the beach. And while it's true, we do go a lot, we also do other things as well. (read the following three posts if you need proof) However, due to the frequency of our visits, I felt like I should dedicate one whole post to our beach adventures. So, in no particular order, here are the beach pictures from the last few weeks.
If you've ever noticed that Samm has unusually large muscles for an 11 year old girl, this is why. She spends most of her time on her hands and knees and there is usually at least one rider on her back. I never used to think that Josh and Beau looked that much alike, but looking at this picture, you can definitely tell they are brothers.
Laila saw Josh's hat and glasses sitting by his chair, so she snagged them up with a grin on her face and pretty much thought she was the coolest girl ever when she put them on.
And I'm kind of a little jealous of her coolness. It's not something you can learn. She, like her dad, was just born that way!
This past weekend, the Beau Rollins clan was up in our area so we hit up Clearwater beach. It's a pretty touristy beach so they always have a lot going on at night on the weekends. We didn't actually know about the fireworks until we were about to leave and it was a fun way to end the night.
The beauty of my life is almost overwhelming to me in times like this. I want to remember these moments forever.
Finger in the air to our family is as nose picking is to the Morgan family! Gotta have at least one picture in every group shoot.
This was at the bay so it isn't the prettiest beach to sketch, but Samm didn't seem to care.
This was on the way home from the beach one day so I included it here. I turned around to take her picture and didn't even notice until after that she was giving me the thumbs up sign. 50 cent cones are most definitely worth a thumbs up!
She falls asleep on the beach almost as much as Josh does! I put the sunglasses on after she fell asleep to help block the sun.
This was our most recent beach day. Sadly, Josh had to work, so just the kids and I drove out to meet up with the cousins. Macy and Avenly had a great time playing mud bath.
I'm not sure why or when I took this picture, but all of our children have this crazy idea that they can't swim unless they have goggles on.
Most boys James's age don't want to be seen loving on their moms, but I'm pretty lucky because he says he wants to hug me for the rest of his life, and I'm going to remind him of that in about 5 years!
Our time here is quickly coming to an end, and I am really going to miss our relaxing afternoons at the beach.


















4 comments:
Love all the new pictures! Looks like you guys are having such a great time. We wish you could stay forever!
Who wouldn't miss it. So glad you got a little vacationing in from the cold of Michigan. Cute pictures.
Have the people who asked how often you go to the beach every lived in the Midwest? If so, they would get it. I don't blame you for gobbling up every sunny day you can get. Your kids are a totally different color than they were in MI. Hooray for sunshine! Also, I love that I am not the only one with a 9 year old son who is not outgrowing his Oedipus complex.
I love your pictures!!!
Post a Comment