*Update* I posted the recipe for Marshmallow fondant over Here on my other blog in case anyone is interested
We actually celebrated with cake and ice cream yesterday because Josh had to work late tonight, but she still woke up to a king size Hershey bar (her favorite) and a special note from mom on the table. She also got to wear her birthday princess shirt again from last year since it still fit.
This is the cake she helped make and was very proud of. She saw one like it at Sam's Cub and asked if I could make one for her. I had never used fondant before and could not believe how expensive it was to buy, so we made our own marshmallow fondant and tried our hand at cake decorating. I don't think I will be going into the cake decorating business anytime soon, but the girls and I had a fun time making it. I was told it tasted pretty good too.
Happy Birthday Samm!





6 comments:
Happy Birthday Samm! I think the cake came out really cute and kudos to you for making your own fondant.
She's so grown up!
The cake turned out great. I'd love it if you posted how to do the marshmallow fondant. What a cool idea.
Happy Birthday Samm!
I thought the cake turned out really well. Looked really good too. Can't believe she is 9 already. Where has time gone? I miss those days in Oklahoma a lot. Miss you guys.
Happy Birthday Samm! The cake turned out very cute!
Wow it blows my mind (and I really don't need that happening) that Samm is nine years old!!!! I sure miss celebrating those birthdays at my house!
Are you kidding me?! The cake is adorable! I love it. I wish I was ambitious enough to try something like that. Good job!
Happy birthday Samm! Don't grow up too fast! :)
Post a Comment