Two years ago when we bought our house we learned three things. 1) We have poison ivy growing in random spots along the fence. 2) Poison ivy is extremely hard to get rid of. 3) Samm and Josh are both highly allergic to the stuff. Both have had it several times and it usually takes weeks to clear up all the way. The worst time was last summer when Samm basically rolled around in it wearing apparently only her underwear, right before our two week vacation to California. I ended up taking her to the hospital for that one and had a very mean nurse make me cry, but that is a whole other story.
Anyway, on Friday some friends were over playing and the kids decided to make a tree hut out of the branches that had fallen a few days before in a big storm. I thought it was a pretty clever idea until Samm woke up Saturday morning with a rash on the side of her face and I realized the branches had been stacked by the side of the house where Josh is always having to spray for poison ivy.
Fortunately it's a pretty localized case, but it is on her face and her right cheek is pretty swollen. Once again she is being quite the trooper though and hasn't complained much at all.

9 comments:
I hope that the swelling is starting to go down. I know from personal experience that poison ivy makes you miserable!!
Whoa! That swelling has got to hurt! Poor girl. Poison Ivy is EVIL.
Ooh...poor sweet girl! I can't imagine having all over my body!! Is there anyone to call and have come take care of it professionally?
Oohh...that is so sad. Poor thing. I've never had it but I'm sure it's no fun.
Sorry...I'm sure it was Cameron's idea from watching Survivorman on Discovery channel! He thinks he can do anything, like most boys! Hope she is feeling better.
wow, poor girl! I didn't know it was so hard to get rid of poison ivy!
Oh, I hope she gets better soon. That is no fun at all. We are excited to see you guys soon!
SO sad! Samm is so good...she definitly handles episodes very well! She's a good girl! So I want to hear about the mean nurse so I can go give her a piece of my mind! I hate hearing that nurses have mean streaks...but hey I'm bias!
Poor Samm...She is a trooper...I hope it heals fast for her.
Post a Comment